Monday, December 31, 2018

A Year in Books


I have always been an avid reader. On our family cross country road trips growing up I remember sitting in the back of the suburban with my nose in a book (or the local map if a book was not available). And as one author put it, I would gladly read a car manual if there is nothing else available.

This year, whether it was the extended maternity leave or my discovery of the library app that lets me borrow library books on my kindle, I might have gone a little crazy with the reading. Below is the list of books I read in 2018, in order. 

Enjoy!

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz
Scar Tissue by Larry Sloman
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Less by Andrew Sean Greer
1984 by George Orwell
Bringing up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman
The Odyssey by Homer
The Future is History by Masha Gessen

A Separate Peace by John Knowles
Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward
The Assault on Intelligence by Michael Hayden
Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
Three Daughters of Eve by Elif Shafak
Pick Three: You Can Have It All (Just Not Every Day) by Randi Zuckerberg
My Glory Was I had Such Friends by Amy Silverstein
The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
A Terrible Country by Keith Gessen
I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
The Awakened Family by Shefali Tsabary
Ninety-Nine Glimpses of Princess Margaret by Craig Brown
What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
Fruit of the Drunken Tree by Ingrid Rojas Contreras
Social Creature by Tara Isabella Burton
Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
The President is Missing by James Patterson and Bill Clinton
A House for Mr Biswas by V.S. Naipaul
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
Love and Death in the Sunshine State by Cutter Wood
The Girl Who Takes An Eye For An Eye by David Lagercrantz
Becoming by Michelle Obama
The Closed Circle by Jonathan Coe
Wonder by R. J. Palacio

No comments: