Sunday, August 9, 2026

Lake Garda

What was I thinking… I thought to myself as we began our drive south from the Dolomites towards Lake Garda. Why had I insisted that we spend a few days at one of the lakes in Italy?! It was in the wrong direction of our final destination, making the drive back to the airport over nine hours long, the thermometer was increasing higher and higher with each mile driven and there was no reason why we needed to go to Lake Garda at all (there were countless other alpine lakes that were actually on our route back to Germany). The only thing I could think of is that it sounds like a good idea in the middle of a cold spell in February.  

But the Airbnb was booked and non refundable, so we were going. I just hoped my streak of booking bad accommodations wasn’t going to continue with this one. 

Thankfully the apartment was as nice as we had hoped and was even better than I had mentally prepared for:  it had AC, a good layout for our family, a nice pool and was a quick five minute walk to the lake. This we could work with. 

Highlights included, Aperol spritz’s, lots of pizza, pinsa and paninis, paddle boating and swimming in the lake and in the pool






No comments: