It just so happened that this same weekend Martin and I finished watching season two of Four Seasons. If you haven’t watched it yet, stop reading and go do that now. It is that good. And while the show follows a group of friends in their mid-fifties, two comments from the last two episodes really hit home:
Kate (telling her best friend from college that she will miss him now that he moved away): in every other part of my life, I’m a mother and a wife and a scary boss. But when I am with you, you make me feel like the 19-year-old I was when we met. And I feel so far from her. And you will always have that piece of me.
Similar to Kate, only two things can bring me back to how things were pre-responsibilities: Hanging out with my college besties and now reading this blog.
And in the final episode, in a previous scene, Anne mourns her old self who was wild and carefree. In the final scene she tells her friends that is not going home but will instead stay in Italy.
Kate to Anne: Is this Anne 2.0?
Anne: No, I think this is… Anne Classic
I officially want to bring back Lisa Classic, that carefree, responsible-lite, world traveling, socially unstoppable individual that I am meeting again via my older writings. Not sure that is possible right now but at some point in the future I hope she makes a reappearance.
Side note: at the end of the show I turned to Martin and mentioned how I wanted to bring back Lisa Classic. His only comment: “I am not sure I can handle that”. He is not wrong, at least in certain aspects… Lisa circa 2007 was a hot mess.

No comments:
Post a Comment