Saturday, October 4, 2008

Four in Four

Those familiar with this blog might have noticed a lack of travel stories recently. Especially when considering we just wrapped up summer, the best time to travel. The reason for lack of travels in Europe was due to my excess travels to the US this summer. In the past four months, I have been to the US four times…once a month beginning in June. The various trips can be summarized as follows:

June: A trip home for my sister’s bachlorette party (13 women on one houseboat at Lake Shasta). The week was spent, preparing for the weekend (I planned the entire trip from Zurich and had some last minute details to finalize), enjoying the weekend, recovering from the weekend with the family at Lake Pilsbury and then shopping in SF.

July: My big sister gets married in Tahoe! The week was spent preparing for the weekend (maid of honor duties), enjoying the weekend (including rehearsal dinner, wedding reception and floating down the Truckee river), recovering from the weekend and shopping in SF.

August: Surprise trip to New York for work. The three days were spent shopping and enjoying the city with Erin (my friend and traveling buddy who lives in NY), dinner with Buckles (another friend in NY) and some work.

September: Buckles gets married in Sonoma! The six days were spent shopping in SF, the weekend wedding in Sonoma and recovering from the weekend with the family.

I am exhausted and am looking forward to a few 2-3 hours flights that still get me to a different country.

No comments: