Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 – A Year in Review

I celebrated the close of 2008 and the start of 2009 with dinner and a game night at my house for those friends still in Zurich. Unfortunately my cooking skills did not reflect the remarkable year we were honoring, and 2008 was just that, remarkable.

In the 12 short months, I visited 10 new countries, skied the Alps, sailed the Greek Isles, tasted wine in Italy, France and Switzerland, learned how to say thank you in 4 new languages, enjoyed 2, possibly 3 international relationships, depending on how you count, had over 15 friends and family members come visit (a big thank you to those who did) and went to 2 engagement parties, 1 bridal shower, 3 baby showers (all of which I was hung over for…I obviously need to stop going to baby showers), 1 bachlorette party and was in 2 weddings.

Upon this reflection I realized that I enjoyed a little over 3 months off of work to travel and explore. Apparently there was some truth to the partner’s comment of “Lisa, you are always on vacation.”

So with 2008 closing, I now look forward to the year ahead: 6 months left in Europe, another visit from the parents, 10 days cruising through the Baltic Sea and the promise of moving home and exploring CA and the good old U.S of A.

Let the adventure continue! Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: