Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cooking (and Baking) Again!

We have a kitchen again! After a marathon week and weekend of painting (Martin finally let me do something again… but only after a 10 minute tutorial and constant supervision) Martin installed the kitchen and floors! It took all morning to unpack the cabinets, followed by an afternoon of leveling the floor and installing the counter-tops.

And after I finished painting (there really were only 2 and half walls for me to work on) I set about doing what I could…specifically, cleaning up the packaging from the cabinets and kitchen appliances. I took the job so seriously that my internal Swiss took charge for a moment and bundled the cardboard in neat little packages.




We christened the kitchen the weekend before Thanksgiving with a homemade cake, 2 batches of cookies and a vegetable quiche from scratch. Between the baking and newly installed radiator, it was the warmest and most relaxing Sunday we have had in a while.




To be fair, the kitchen wasn’t completely done by Thanksgiving (and there are still a few items left to wrap up including buying a refrigerator and installing the remaining knobs), but those are just minor details. We are close enough!

No comments: