Sunday, June 7, 2015

Quiet, but Not Uneventful

Things at work continue to be busy and I continue to keep my head down in a “survival mode” approach.  Martin has been the rock of the relationship these past few months, keeping everything going while I have been physically and emotional absent due to work.  If it weren’t for him, I probably would be back to the life I lived in my early twenties – fridge empty except for mustard and vodka, not a roll of toilet paper in the house and having to buy clothes in lieu of doing laundry.  Yes, things have been bad, but they are starting to look up and it isn’t to say we haven’t had some fun these past few months…I just haven’t had time to write about them.  So here is a three month catch-up in photos.  Enjoy!

The girls and I surprised Neff for her birthday in San Clemente.  Her emotions and response ranged from confused, to surprised, to crying hysterically and then laughing.  It was amazing...I should mention that the weekend included a fiesta party, hence the sombrero.

I spent a hot minute in Germany for Ernst’s 70th birthday celebration and left Martin there so he could enjoy the annual Breuer Family ski holiday in Italy.   Unfortunately it was too quick for a photo

The family spent a weekend in Yosemite, a first for Ray and the kids!  They had a blast riding bikes and exploring the valley floor.  Martin and Ray had fun getting lost on their bikes trying to go for a bike ride.  Though March, the weather was warm, if not hot, and an unfortunate reminder of the drought.

I headed off to Vail for a bachelorette party in April!  No photos seemed appropriate

We cheered Shannon on as she completed the Big Sur marathon, went for a hike and attempted a day at the beach!

And then the group, including men, got together in Sonoma for a weekend of wine tasting and wedding celebrations.  Although in honesty, the wine tasting included one winery and us just drinking five bottle of wine on their property. 

So yeah, I suppose while things have been quiet, they haven’t been uneventful.  Here’s to hoping the summer will be just as fun!






No comments: