Monday, March 9, 2020

The Last Hurrah!

When Anjulee got married we dubbed it the Grand Finale. And now that McKane is officially engaged we have entered 2020 with the Last Hurrah!!! With the wedding slated for Cabo in December and the bachelorette party planned for Puerto Rico in October, we needed something to kick off the Year of McKane... a girl’s weekend in Aspen hosted by Erika! Little did we know that the weekend was really going to be our last hurrah before the world shut down due to the Coronavirus. But more on that later. First we had a bride-to-be to celebrate.

Like always, I showed up late... I booked my flight for Thursday morning thinking everyone would arrive Thursday afternoon. Turns out everyone got there Wednesday; and so while I was on my way there, the ladies were off enjoying a leisurely brunch, mid-morning hike and afternoon of snowmobiling and off-roading. Luckily there was plenty more fun to be had.

I showed up to the party around 4:30 after a quick detour of getting lost, got high fives for my packing skills (carry on only) and then received immediate grief for my Steve Jobs-esque outfit for the night. My fur vest said Aspen but my black turtleneck said Silicon Valley. One drink at the house later and I didn’t care, we were heading into town and I was going to own my look. First stop: Drinks at Betula, where, after missing the first part of the conversation, I ordered the recommended “bird drink” to only find out it in fact came in a glass shaped like a bird. Slightly embarrassed, but definitely delicious, I vowed to get a more age appropriate drink for the second round.... I ended up with a "genie in the lamp" style glass. Time to switch to just vodka waters!



From Betula we made the quick walk to dinner and dancing at 7908. The meal was delicious and the evening was ridiculous. We should have known it was going to go downhill after the photo shoot in the bathroom (I am still trying to figure out how to pose for photos), and things quickly escalated after Emily tore her pants on the dance floor and I promised to punch a married guy in the face if he touched my ass one more time. Super classy and true to form, we definitely blew it out of the water on the first night.

Thankfully Erika had thought ahead and ordered B12 shots to be administered at her house the following morning prior to our private yoga class on the ranch. Feeling somewhat better we showered and headed back into town for some shopping and a late lunch at Clarks.



Dinner that night was catered in and was meant to be a bit more mellow, until McKane and I made margaritas with two bottles of tequila for just 8 women…. whoops!


 Saturday we were supposed to split up: some going skiing and some going to the Remède Spa in the St. Regis... the ski group decided to stay at home (thanks in part to the margaritas) but we still went to the spa and I had an amazing massage. We all got back together for lunch at The Snow Lodge (we missed Shaq dj-ing by a weekend) and then did some more damage shopping.



Our last meal together was that Saturday night at Cache Cache. Such good food, great ambiance and an amazing group of women.  And I think I finally figured out how to pose! Let’s just hope I remember for Puerto Rico. 



No comments: