Sunday, July 24, 2022

Revelations 12 and 13 in Amden Switzerland

Revelation 12:  When it comes to planning vacations with Martin’s family, don’t take the lead, but maintain veto rights. After spending two months trying to find a house suitable for our family plus Martin’s I gave up. I couldn’t get them to commit to anything and yet they had a list of requirements. It had to be close enough to Regina’s family’s house in case she could join, large enough for all of us, and during peak travel season however the dates were still to be confirmed by his sister due to her schedule. Every option I found either didn’t work or was no longer available once the family provided their feedback/okay, so I gave up looking and finally deferred to Martin. It was his family, so his headache.

After searching for less than 1 week he complained about the limited options that met our needs.  No?! I am shocked!  Please tell me more about how hard this is! 

And then a few weeks later, he found a house in Amden Switzerland and, while it wouldn’t have been my first choice, I was officially defeated from my efforts and so we booked it. It turned out to be exactly what we needed and wanted. The house itself was perfect, with plenty of space for everyone, a fully equipped kitchen and games and toys, including a trampoline, for the kids. There was a bakery and store within walking distance that sold popsicles. It had kid friendly hikes nearby and a beautiful alpine lake for swimming and paddle boating (the latter of which Oskar had his heart set on after seeing them at Sorpersee in Germany).  With little else to do, it allowed us a full week of relaxation and a chance to slow down.


Revelation 13: I really miss Switzerland and want to move back.  So much so that Martin and I have started looking at property.  Jokingly, but not really.





No comments: