Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Not a good-bye, but rather a "see you in a few"

With my rotation at an end, and my reflections per day at an all time high, I thought the easiest way to come to terms with the move was with a list, just as it began. Here are just a few things I will miss about Zurich (and will look forward to when I come back to visit in September)

  • Sushi at Yoojis with Shannon, Anna and James (our favorite waiter)
  • Emergency martinis after (and sometimes during) work with Kim
  • Son of Coco shows with the entire crew
  • Sunday brunch at Iroquois followed by a day at the lake
  • Spending a week trying to coordinate a lunch or dinner date with a friend three weeks out (okay, I probably won’t miss that one, I am actually looking forward to making spontaneous plans and still seeing everyone).
  • Seeing the local kids walk themselves to school at age 4 wearing the triangle reflects over their shoulders and 80 year olds hiking up and down the mountain faster and with more grace than I could ever muster
  • The always on-time, always clean public transportation
  • Khao Soi noodles at Tiffins
  • Street Parade, Orange Cinema and all of the other great summer festivals
  • 5 weeks of vacation, over 12 days of national holidays and endless sick leave

Unfortunately a list just can not even began to do justice to summarize these past two years, and so I won’t even try. Have a great summer Zurich, I will see you soon! And for those in the US, I will see you even sooner.

No comments: