Monday, August 17, 2009

Lake Worthy

Lake Pilsbury is my favorite place in the whole world (for those who might think I am exaggerating, I suggest reading “My Happy Place – Lake Pilsbury”, posted on August 2nd). And, like all things sacred, it is shared only with those deemed worthy. This rule includes friends, family and especially boyfriends. I have a strict screening process to determine who can and should be invited (among them include my best friends from college who also apply the screening process to their potential boyfriends). And if I deem a boy to NOT be lake worthy, well, there really isn’t a need to take things farther; the relationship is over. But “Lake Worthy” is not just up to me; my extended family and friends up there also have a huge impact …In light of all this, I thought Martin was ready and we made the trek up to Lake Pilsbury for two nights.

As for me, I think Martin nailed it…he was willing and ready for everything: tequila shots with the dads, getting behind the boat for the first time to try (and succeed at) wakeboarding, wakesurfing and single waterskiing, the serious spread of appetizers and cocktails during happy hour and he was not concerned when dinner was presented well after dark. He handled everything. But more importantly than anything else, he understood my love for the lake and the people up there.

Our two days and nights with the family and friends were absolutely perfect, if only flawed that they would be my last before summer ended. Like always, the two nights went by too quickly and we were again saying good bye to the parents and back on the road.

Next stop Lake Tahoe to spend some time with one of my favorite married couples, Ange and Scott. But not before passing through the delightful towns of Nice, Lucerne (the self proclaimed Switzerland of America) Glenhaven and Timbuktu. And here all this time Martin thought we would only be touring California. For those who don’t believe me, take a drive across California on Highway 20 and you too can enjoy what the world (and/or Clear Lake) offers.

No comments: