Thursday, June 9, 2011

Men, Women and the Job Market

Just recently, while planning for an upcoming weekend with all of my college girls, I had a huge realization. Of our group of 7 girls (6 with significant others) none of our men currently have jobs. That is not saying they aren’t trying. Most of them are currently and actively looking for jobs after either having been previously laid off (Erin’s New Yorker), in the process of switching careers (Ange’s hubby), recovering from injury (Neff’s man), in between seasons (Jo’s new ball and chain), a few years hiatus (Dana’s better half) or not are legally able to work yet (yours truly).


I am not sure if it is just the economy or the type of guys we choose, but 6 out of 7 seem like pretty high odds. As my mom puts it, we are a group of strong, independent women. As Ray, my brother in law puts it, women had the 18-20th centuries, it is the man’s turn now.

No comments: