Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Lady of Leisure



With a week off between jobs (more on that to come), I was able to spend approximately 10 days as a lady of leisure.  Similar to my last break in work, my days were packed!

I volunteered at Glide Memorial Church, enriched myself at museums and the library.  I worked out every day alternating between long walks, Barre, Pilates and the gym.  I lunched and drank with friends and was able to sneak in my annual tune-up (facial, massage, haircut and foot-care).  It was amazing!

It was so amazing that I tried to convince Martin that I would make the perfect housewife.  At which point he kindly pointed out that during the week I had done no housework at all, I cooked no meals, I did no laundry, Martin still made breakfast every morning and not only did I not clean, I even forgot to pay the house cleaner. 

Whoops!  Good thing I have a job to rely on!

No comments: