Thursday, September 4, 2014

A Summer of Family

With German Invasion in full force to wrap up the summer, I took some time to reflect on all of the fun we had with the American side of the family tree this season.
Martin and I celebrated my Granny’s 88th birthday, Granny and Grandpa’s wedding anniversary and Father Days all in one go with a Sunday morning of church and brunch.  Here they are cutting the celebratory cake in the church’s rec room.

Martin built the addition on the cabin which required multiple weekends at the Lake with the parents.  Everyone chipped in, including Blake.

Martin and Ray rode 130 miles in the Shasta Super Century ride, while the family was there for moral support…in reality, only my mom and I were physically there at the finish line.  The kids were exhausted from a day at the river.

And my dad taught me how to fly fish (please excuse the beer gut)


I would call it a great summer!





No comments: