Friday, July 15, 2016

Family Photo Shoot (aka the Day I Broke)

At the insistence of friends I decided to hire a professional photographer to capture Oskar's first few days in the family.  I am glad I did as they turned out perfectly!  Below are my favorite photos from that day. 

What they don't show (thankfully), but will always remind me of, is the 45 minute meltdown that Oskar had that then prompted a 30 minute meltdown by me.    Oskar was hungry and inconsolable prompting his cries.  I was overly tired and ridden with mommy guilt for not being able to give him the milk he needed, prompting my tears.  And poor Martin was once again the rock of the family, calming Oskar down and reassuring me that everything would be okay.   We were able to work it out in the end and Amanda our photographer was not only incredibly understanding but was also able to capture some of the baby bliss magic despite the tears. 











No comments: