Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Change of Plans - Part 2

With 10 days off between jobs and Oskar in Daycare (I didn't want to disrupt his routine) I was excited to take advantage with some “me” time.  I was going to work out, get a massage, get a haircut, and clean out my closet and random clutter around the house implementing the newly found KonMari method.  I was going to do lunches with friends, play dates with other stay at home moms, take Oskar to swim class, and maybe even see a movie! It was going to be beautiful.

That is until Oskar came down with a nasty cold that turned into a virus on my first day off.  My grand plans of being a lady of leisure for one week quickly changed into being a stay at home mom with a sick little one.  But to avoid confusion, I am not complaining.  We had four really great days of just the two of us, sleeping in late, snuggling on the couch and him napping in my arms.  And while I could tell he was miserable with his runny nose, persistent cough and slight fever, I was happy to be able to spend the time with him before jumping into my next job.


And with him feeling much better by the following week I was still able to get a day in for just me.

No comments: