Sunday, June 4, 2017

Let Construction Begin!!

Almost two and a half years ago we bought our property at Timber Cove and I innocently blogged that we hopped to have the house built by that following fall.  Clearly my expectations were a little out of line with reality.  With 7 months to get the coastal permit, 5 months to get the building permit and Martin working full time; the process took a little longer than I had hoped. 

But that is the past and I am excited to announce that we have broken ground!   

We went up to Timber Cove a few weeks ago to meet with the contractor and things have been moving fast since then.  Excavation began on Wednesday and the foundation should be poured and set in the next two weeks.  And while the exterior walls should be up by early June (thanks to the pre-engineered SIPS panels we opted for), I have learned to tamper my enthusiasm and hedge my expectations on when things will be complete.  I am hoping for early fall...Martin is planning for late November. 

Stay tuned for photos and updates!

Note: Silly me, I should have known by now to hedge my bets.  I originally wrote this post back in April and was yet again, full of excitement.  It is now June and, after a quick trip up there this past weekend, it looks like we might already be behind schedule as the panels have yet to  be installed. However the foundation has been poured!  And I call that progress!



No comments: