Tuesday, April 3, 2018

An Impromptu Easter

We were supposed to be at Dunsmuir for Easter weekend, but due to my work schedule and inability to leave early on Friday, we cancelled our trip last minute and found ourselves with no set agenda or expectations for Easter weekend...

Martin wanted to dye eater eggs at home with Oskar at some point and we had a few options for Sunday (brunch as a family, the local Easter egg hunt hosted by our friend Roxanne at the local park or do we potentially get out of the city for a hike).

Easter egg dying turned into an impromptu party on Saturday afternoon with all of Oskar’s friends (aka my mom friends) coming over to dye eggs, eat some snacks and enjoy some wine (for those able to).


And Sunday plans formed up around Friday morning with a text message from Costa Rica. My parents, along with my sister and her kids were coming back from Central America on Saturday night and invited everyone over to the house for Easter brunch.

For a “last minute” brunch, it was pretty well organized and attended. Cody and Brenda organized the food, Granny and Grandpa stopped by after church and Ray even drove down from Ukiah. And even after being out of town the entire previous week, my mom still managed to have Easter treats and decorations for everyone including the annual tradition of See’s Rocky Road chocolate eggs.

Hmmm come to think about it, it might not have been a last minute party but rather a last minute invite... should I be insulted?


If so, I can’t stay insulted for long, I always treasure the time we have all together and watching Oskar interacting with his cousins. So while Oskar still has yet to go on an Easter egg hunt or receive a basket full of candy, I would take the impromptu Easter celebrations any day.

No comments: