Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Single in Quarantine?

Whelp. I can officially answer the question: what would my life look like if I was single during quarantine? I have had a few days alone these past few months and they have definitely given me insight into how my life would have been without anyone else in it… it started off positive, but let’s just say things spiraled downhill quickly. 

In February, with work ramping up for earnings, I opted to stay home one weekend while Martin took the kids to Timber Cove. It was two days of productivity and relaxation. I had one late night working and then most of the weekend for just me. I ordered take out dinners from my favorite restaurants and might have gone a little overboard, ordering enough food to feed a family of four. I worked out, I read in the sun on the deck, I did some more work and I accomplished a few little projects around the house (like building up the Ikea drawers for Oskar’s room but ignoring the bigger one like the half-finished basement laundry room). By 5pm that Saturday I had officially done everything on my list (at least that I wanted to do) and, seeing how it was too early to pick up dinner, I worked out again. 

That Sunday was probably more representative than how things would actually be if I lived alone. I woke up late, I watched a movie first thing in the morning (even though it was gorgeous outside), I had leftovers for breakfast/ early lunch, I took a nap and then I finally pulled myself together once I realized the family would be home shortly. Until the family got home my productivity and motivation level was near zero. 

Fast forward a few weeks to post McKane’s wedding where I was sequestered downstairs until I could get my negative COVID test. During those 5 days, I really lived the quarantine life on what I would call my second vacation... There was no working out, a lot of ordering in from my favorite restaurants, a lot of snacks, and a lot of sleep. It was amazing, but probably only because I knew it was temporary.  

No comments: