Friday, May 21, 2021

Fully vaccinated!

On April 9, one week before California opened up appointments to all residents over 18 years old, I was able to secure a last minute appointment to get my first COVID vaccine shot.  I had to drive to across the city, and while I waited the 15 minutes post-stab to ensure no adverse reaction, I cried tears of relief.  The stress from the last 13 months was starting to ease up.

On May 7, I had my second shot, and anticipating a rough reaction, I had the house to myself to recover.  It was a good thing that Martin and the kids were up at Timber Cove for the weekend; I was more than a little tired and achy (although the headache might have been from the margaritas I ordered with dinner on Friday night).  Thankfully I was back to my old self on Sunday, Mother’s Day, when the family came home with fresh picked wildflowers and beautiful homemade cards.

And then two weeks later, I became officially and fully vaccinated! I know, I know, I can’t go too crazy yet, since Martin is still in the process and there is no current date on the horizon for when the kids will be eligible, but I am feeling a lot more positive overall.  And if my reaction to the second shot was just a taste of what an actual infection would feel like, I am extra thankful for avoiding that situation!

No comments: