Wednesday, September 15, 2010

An Eating Tour of France

I must preface the following with a few confessions: 1) I don’t really like the French (or at least the Parisians I have met so far, 2) I don’t really like French food or even their wine and 3) I haven’t been proper camping –tent, coleman grill, shared bathrooms camping – in at least 8 years…so why I thought that a driving tour through France, eating French Food (albeit primarily cheese) and drinking French wine for a week, followed by a week of camping on the beaches of Biarritz, all for my 30th birthday was a good idea, I am not quite sure. However I am sure that, looking back, it was one of my favorite trips to date. It turns out that I really don’t mind French food, I LOVE their wine and cheese and we were greeted by nothing but friendly French people, willing to work with our limited French skills. That, and I kind of like camping.

The following are the stories from the road (and beach) and as always, are posted on the date of occurrence, so read up from the beginning (Aug 28th).

Happy reading and bon appetite!

On a side note: while I had a general idea as to what we would be doing during our trip through France, I had no idea what the specifics were. Martin, being his amazing self, planned the entire trip, everything from where we would go, where we would stay and what we would do…it was absolutely perfect!

No comments: