Monday, September 27, 2010

I’m An Aunt!

And isn’t she adorable!

After so much anticipation (there may or may not have been multiple phone calls home from France to check on the baby status), Dana and Ray welcomed their daughter Cassidy Rae Geimer into the world and to our crazy family on September 21.

I got the news while at work, about to leave for Minneapolis, and immediately broke down in happy tears. My sister was finally a mom and I was now an aunt…we were officially the three amigos! And on Sunday I finally got to meet the little girl.

As expected, she is perfect in every way with a calm personality (just like her mom), full head of hair (thanks to both mom and dad) and pouty lips that will drive the guys (and subsequently, her dad) crazy when she gets older.

I can’t wait to see her grow up and provide the same guidance and memories my crazy aunties provided to me: playing drunken Barbie, telling her funny stories about her parents, teaching her how to use make-up, taking her to her first pedicure and providing insightful advice into dating and men, These next few years are going to be fun…Watch out Cassidy!

No comments: