Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bushwalking in Tassie

Instead of the “normal” Australian experience of sight-seeing in Sydney and scuba-diving in the Great Barrier Reef, Martin and I opted for the more unique experience, a trip to Tassie and more specifically, a day of bushwalking in Freycinet National Part.  The walk, 11km in all, would take us to Wineglass Bay Look Out, down to Wineglass Beach, and if we desired, through the bush to Hazards Beach, around the point and back to the car park.  

A little nervous about walking in the bush after our Manly walk, I asked the park ranger about how “wild” the path was (e.g. would I spend the entire time on the lookout for spiders).  To which she responded “Spiders?  Huh, no, spiders are the least of your concern.  I figured you’d be worried about something else.” 
What that something else was I am not completely sure, she didn’t elaborate much past snakes and an unidentified rustling in the bushes. 

In the end the hike was exhausting, but definitely worth it.  And the only unwanted wildlife met along the way were the pesky flies that followed me the last 4 km of the walk (so, yes, maybe I hadn’t showered that morning and I may or may not have looked like Pig Pen from Peanuts, but it was very annoying and deep down I was wishing for a spider web or two to take care of them in)

But enough yammering: check out these photos!
 The view from Wineglass Bay Lookout

 Such the happy couple

 Wineglass Bay Beach

 A local wallabe

 Hazards Beach

Martin´s new hair style

No comments: