Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Paging Dr. House

These past few months I have been plagued by dizzy spells that come on out of nowhere and without warning, that last a few days, and result in me being bedridden and/or puking in public.  And after a few doctors’ appointments, we still aren’t sure what is causing them.  I have learned a few things in the process though including:
  • I have near-perfect hearing, despite what Martin might think or say
  • Per the MRI I have a perfectly average brain, despite what I would like to believe (I was expecting "wow, this is the most impressive brain we have ever seen!)
  • My heart rate is slower than average (per my doctor, I might have been a runner)
  • My heart beat, as measured by the EKG is in line with what is expected (for having a runner’s heart)
  • My hormones are not raging (so unfortunately I can’t blame the mood swings or shoe throwing on that)
  • And on a whole, I completely healthy.


So as my tests continue, I wish Dr. House from the TV show really did exist and would see me as a patient so I can avoid losing my lunch while shopping on Fifth Avenue in NYC or while on the beach at Chrissy Fields with Oskar and Martin.  If I am going to puke in public, I would prefer it to be the result of a ridiculously fun night out the night before. 

No comments: