Monday, July 2, 2018

Girl Time


Golden Girls, Gilmore Girls, and Gossip Girl… I have been in search of a new TV show to binge watch while Martin works or goes for bike rides, so I thought I would start with the old and end with the high schoolers.     It was only in hindsight that I realized all three of my selections were shows about women…I will assume my past few months and corresponding weekends away were in the same vein.

I found out Gerken was a girl in mid-February and since then there has been a lot of girl time.

In March, the SF moms and I played hooky from work and spent the entire day at Nob Hill spa, indulging in massages, lunch on the terrace and a pool side nap / catch-up.  It was decadent and exactly what I needed after busy season and the announcement of the acquisition.

In April, I headed to Palm Springs for a girls weekend / baby moon with Anna and Shannon.  It was great to catch up with the Zurich girls and long overdue….unfortunately when we booked it, we didn’t realize it was Coachella weekend resulting in ridiculously expensive home rentals, but fortunately for us it was Coachella weekend which meant we had the roof top pool and bar at our hotel all to ourselves.   We spent the weekend shopping, drinking and catching up on the past four years since we were last together. The weather was warm (okay, borderline hot for this SF girl) however whenever I got either tired, thirsty or needed a bathroom while shopping (I was approaching the third trimester) either the stores helped me out with water (or champagne for the girls), a bathroom, or a couch or we found the closest bar to satisfy the needs.  In all jest, I really like Palm Springs and can’t wait to return.

In May, I met up with Ange and Anj for the ultimate girl’s night out… the Taylor Swift concert in Santa Clara!  We met up that afternoon, pre-gamed at the hotel, became true T-Swfit Fans over the course of the concert and wrapped up the evening with a night cap back at the hotel bar.  I may or may not have cried during the show (we will blame the hormones) and one of the other ladies may or may not have woken up with a solid 5+ glass champagne hangover (ah new mom drunk). 

And in June we celebrated the arrival of Gerken with a perfect girl’s weekend in Salinas for Gerken’s baby sprinkle with the SLO Girls.  6 women, 3 baby girls under the age of 2 and one on the way, we had a great time.  Nothing pretentious, just 20+ years of friendship getting together to celebrate our growing family around a dining room table…although with the babies, less time was spent at the table than normal and more of the weekend was spent on the floor watching the next generation of SLO girls bond.

No comments: