Sunday, September 13, 2020

A Vacation Frame of Mind

With life on hold and travel plans cancelled I am so thankful that we were able to sneak up to Dunsmuir for a two week break from life and work.  And even better, with the kids getting older I feel like we can really start to relax the routine and not completely fuck up the rest of the day, week or year.  Dare I say it, I can now actually have a vacation rather than just a change in scenery.

In just a short two week period, all rules went out the window. We had more than our fair of ice cream and French fries, we enjoyed late dinners and even later bedtimes, we snuck in a few extra movie nights, and I fully let down my hair with evening gin and tonics, champers for breakfast and dinner (with apple cider for the kids), and I actually didn’t work.   It felt like Lisa circa 2010 but you know, now with kids.

Milkshakes from Penny's 

Frosties from Burger Barn 


Lake Siskiyou

Castle Creek
Alva being Alva

Castle Lake


No comments: