Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Snow Days for Days

Winter in California did not disappoint this year. In fact it got a little out of hand. No need to spend time documenting what could easily be googled: hurricane-like winds, inches of rain in 24 hour periods and white out blizzards. Looking back now, it seemed a little silly to worry about the snow conditions at Shasta in advance of our winter ski break. But worry is one of my top talents so of course that is what I did.  

Knowing I would be busy most of the week with work (ski break happens to also be my busiest week of work for the year) we invited another family from school to join us at Dunsmuir for the week. So while I spent most of my time at the house working, the rest of the group was off having a great time.   


Over the course of the week, the kids built snow forts and went snowshoeing, they attempted sledding before giving up due to high winds, they had a snowball fight, built multiple snowmen and enjoyed countless days of cross country skiing. Martin and the kids had so much fun they decided to go back to Dunsmuir a few weeks later while I was out of town.  







No comments: